HOW TO MAKE N.Y. BAGEL CAFÉ BAGEL CHIPS
THINGS YOU’LL NEED
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a baking sheet, either using a spray like Pam or by lightly spreading olive oil on the bottom of the baking sheet. This will keep the bagels from sti
3. Slice the bagels, using a serrated bread knife. The slices should be 1/8 in to 1/4 in thick. This will produce 4 to 6 slices per bagel.
4. Combine olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
5. Brush the bagel chips, using a kitchen brush, lightly brushing both sides of the bagels with the olive oil mixture.
6. Arrange the bagel chips on a baking sheet in no more than a double layer.
7. Place in the oven and bake. Bagel chips will take 20 minutes to cook. Be sure to keep an eye on them as the more stale they are, the faster they will cook. Remove them from the oven and let them sit. They will get crispier